Monday, December 3, 2007

Pullips and Dal

What are Pullips you ask? Why, they are one of the greatest dolls ever! They are made by a Japanese company called Jun Planning, cost anywhere between $70-$700 (without S+H), they have jointed bodies that fit well into Barbie Fashion Fever clothes (type 3 does at least, I only have type 3 bodies Pullips) and have an eye mechanism that allows them to move their eyes from right to left and blink. Most of them are wigged which means you can pull their hair off and put new hair on!!! I have 3 pullips: RIDa, Papin and Brand New Purezza. I got most off ebay and one from Pullip Style. I bought Brand New Purezza nude because I wasn't too fond of her outfit. Mine were mostly in the cheap end of the price spectrum ($100 including S+H). I know most people reading this think it's an insane amount of money, but you must not have heard of BJDs (Ball jointed dolls). I will be doing a post about them soon enough and you'll see how expensive they are. Moving on, most pullips are pretty well-priced (to my knowledge), and only the rare ones cost upwards of $200. They come with outfits, accessories, a stand, and a collectible card.

First, a group photo, then, individual pics:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The first Pullip I ever got was a RIDa. I have been deliberating a while but I now think her name is Rhonda. Here she is, in the awesome outfit she came with:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The next two Pullips I got around the same time (Christmas 2006). The first one is Brand New Purezza, named Julius (from Orange Julius :)) wearing an outfit consisting of clothes I found at a Goodwill, so unfortunately I have no idea what they are. Her shoes and bracelet do come from my Papin's outfit, and I know her purse is Licca.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Last is Papin, she's my favorite (don't tell the others!) She is just gorgeous, the photos do her no justice, she is absolutely stunning in real life! Her name is Candy. She's wearing a barbie fashion fever outfit.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now, Pullip's got a boyfriend, and he's got a little sister. Her name is Dal. They are basically like smaller Pullips. They do not have the blinking eyes, but they do move from side to side. Their bodies are also slightly more poseable than Pullips. This one is wearing a Bratz outfit. She is a Hina Ichigo named Whitney.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Kashfiya said...

Gorgeous, Really fabulous. I love this post and just collected this superb cute doll at PIJ. I am really delighted to get this awesome Pullip doll just a week. :D
http://bit.ly/pullips